Today is my 30th birthday. I may not be on the Forbes 30 under 30 list, but that doesnâ€™t mean that I canâ€™t celebrate everything Iâ€™ve accomplished up to this point.
30 Things I learned by Age 30
1. I learned to walk.
2. I learned to talk.
3. I learned to sing.
4. I learned to cook my own meals.
5. I learned to embrace my thick, kinky hair.
6. I learned to make peace with being an only child.
7. I learned to deeply value my friendships.
8. I learned that a bookstore is an adventure.
9. I learned that writing is my lifeboat.
10. I learned that you can find true love on Tinder.
11. I learned that plant care is self-care.
12. I learned how to create a community.
13. I learned how to ask for help without feeling small.
14. I learned that crystals are some of the best friends you can have.
15. I learned the magic of collaborations.
16. I learned that you can have deep, lasting friendships with someone youâ€™ve never met in person.
17. I learned that celebrating small victories is a shortcut to success.
18. I learned that meditation is as vital as water, air, and food.
19. I learned how to follow through.
20. I learned that saying â€œnoâ€ is one of the best ways to practice self-care.
21. I learned that if Iâ€™m not careful, I can make almost any conversation about me.
22. I learned to practice deep, intentional listening.
23. I learned to honor the wisdom of children.
24. I learned the power of writing down goals each month.
25. I learned how important it is to set boundaries, and how easy it is not to.
26. Â I learned to ask the right questions.
27. I learned how to embrace being a multi-passionate creative.
28. I learned that a 5-minute walk can refresh my entire day.
29. I learned that likes and followers donâ€™t determine my self-worth.
30. I learned to take time to reflect on all the lessons Iâ€™ve learned.
Looking back, I sometimes barely recognize the person Iâ€™ve become. The growth in my self-confidence in this past year alone is evident. Iâ€™ve gained a good amount of weight, and yet I feel more beautiful than ever. Iâ€™m thankful to have stepped into my full creative power over the years. Thankful for letting go of my desire to make other people feel comfortable with my choices. Itâ€™s a visible shift and Iâ€™m here for it. Iâ€™m choosing myself and it feels so damn good.
Itâ€™s the dawn of a new decade. This is 30.
Help me grow! PIN THIS POST: